No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Games

I'm as much of a Canadian apologist as you're going to find. I may dislike our Prime Minister and wish some of us could take the sense of entitlement down a notch, but show me a Canadian athlete going for the gold and I'm awash in tears. I was actually, literally holding my breath watching Alex Bilodeau on his last moguls run. I'm a sucker for Canada, Canadians and the Olympic games.

But even I had begun to wonder whether these VANOC games might just be a little under-organized. The lack of snow isn't their fault. But lack of contingencies is. Making people pay to see medal ceremonies seems a bit off too, as does a fence around the Olympic cauldron.

Seems I'm not the only one who noticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home