No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Coming Apocalypse: Sign 151

So, 6,000 people bought Kevin Federline's record last week. Most news reports have dwelt on the lowness of the number, labeling it embarrassing for Federline.

Low? Once again, that's 6,000 people. Assuming all of Federline's friends, family, kids, dope dealers and baby mamas bought it, that's still probably 5,652 total strangers who paid actual money to purchase the album. What they hell were they thinking? I saw Federline's Teen Choice Awards performance. He's not so-bad-he's-good bad. He's my-ears-my-ears-why-are-my-ears-bleeding bad. Poor-man's-Vanilla-Ice bad.

And still, 6,000 albums sold. That's 6,000 more than you or I will ever sell. Those are almost Ryan Malcolm numbers, people. 6,000 Federline fans. Who are these people? Are the medicated? Should they be?

Federline embarrassed? I can think of 6,000 people who deserve to be a lot more embarrassed than him.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe that people actually decided to go to the record store and out of all the albums in there, buy his. My gosh, those have to be people obsessed with pop culture.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home