No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is it wrong...

... that I'm more than a little excited to see Sisterhood of Travelling Pants 2?

And does it say something concerning about my cinematic taste that I have seen both Sex and the City and Mamma Mia but have yet to see The Dark Knight?

Seriously, I'm judging myself here.

On the Sisterhood, though, I have to admit I'm totally amused by the marketing angle that plays up Blake Lively's Gossip Girl connection. The complete unknown from the first film is now front and centre in ads for the second. Wonder how that makes Alexis Bledel, who was the most well-known of the four the first time around, feel? About as good as watching her ex-boyfriend date his 18-year-old Heroes castmate, I guess. Poor, poor Rory.


Update: Saw The Dark Knight. Yes, it was very good. But is it my imagination or, every once in a while, did Health Ledger start to sound like Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Just me, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home