No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Did I say screw Tom Brady?

Seriously. I hate that guy. I really, really hate that guy. He throws three interceptions and still retains the title of best big-game quarterback in football. Has a Superbowl MVP title that should clearly have gone to a member of his defense. (In the 2002 Superbowl, the guy went 16-27 for 145 passing yards - and those are MVP numbers?) Arg. Seriously. The. Most. Over. Rated. Player. In. Football. Brady without Belichick is nothing, I tell you... nothing!

And the fact that the Pats beat the Chargers to keep me from pick perfection in week two of the playoffs? Well that just makes it all the more perfect doesn't it? Seriously, I hate that guy.

In my opinion, the Pats and Chargers actually made for a pretty dull game until the fourth quarter. Though there was a little extra excitement earlier in the game when Schottenheimer went for a 4th-and-11. The excitement was really just me banging my head against the television, but still. And how does a professional football coach in a close game allow himself to head into the final two minutes with no timeouts left? Is that not, like, coaching 101 - save your timeouts, dumbass. A sad day for fans of Martyball (assuming they actually exist).

In the early game, the Seahawks made a game of it despite a painfully depleted secondary. I mean, they had a guy starting on defense who 4 weeks ago was working as a loan officer in Dallas. And they almost beat Chicago - which I gotta say makes the Saints look pretty good for next week. Grossman was okay, his defense was typically great but the Bears looked really, really beatable out there.

Championship Sunday - which typically features way better games than the Superbowl - is on tap.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:05 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Once football season ends, do we get this much detail in American Idol recaps?

    I appreciate these write-ups. They're like Coles notes for making me sound like I pay attention to football.

    See you Sunday

     
  • At 3:01 p.m., Blogger Jen said…

    If Tom Brady ever turns up on American Idol, I can guarantee a detailed recap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home