No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Jake G on SNL

There's been a lot of buzz since Saturday night about Jake Gyllenhaal's performance on SNL. Like Timberlake before him, Jake's got people talking about a pretty damn funny performance, which you can catch here (I totally forget my YouTube password, so I can't just post it here, darn it). Click - it's worth it.

I've been a fan of Jake's since Bubble Boy (What? Don't judge me. Jake made the movie - I just watched it. And it's way funnier than you think it is. And the hubby made me watch it. Oh, just shut up). And I love the fact that Jake would acknowledge his unique fan base (gay men and thirteen year old girls have a lot in common, including Jake) rather than hide from it - which one might expect given the whole tiresome Toothy Tile thing.

Cute. Funny. Possibly gay. So what else is new?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    did you happen to catch the Jake G Xmas song - very funny

     
  • At 9:37 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    And the latest in the surprisingly decent run of SNL hosts: Hugh Laurie, Justin Timberlake, and Alec Baldwin all turned in some genuinely funny shows that make me actually spend the time to program my PVR. The episode with Matthew Fox offered this priceless bit for Lost-ophiles:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWKPbQbs6EU

    Jeremy Piven is this week's host.

     
  • At 9:59 a.m., Blogger Jen said…

    You had know Hugh Laurie would be hilarious - all that time with Rowan Atkinson and Stephen Fry. And Alec Baldwin has always been a slam dunk for SNL. I gotta admit, I was surprised by Timberlake though.

     
  • At 1:17 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Hugh Laurie = funny
    Hugh Laurie working from material provided by SNL staff = handicap the odds

    The funniest bit, the protest song he sung, seemed like something he came up with.

    I'll admit, Timberlake suprised me too. So did that Peter Saarsgaard episode last year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home