No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Tuna Sleeps with the Fishes

Sorry. I had to. Sorry.

News comes today out of Dallas that Bill Parcells has retired as head coach of the Cowboys. Parcells has walked away from coaching before - 3 times if my count is correct - but I figure this one actually has a chance of sticking.

If Tuna wasn't interested in sticking around to work with an improving team and a fresh-face QB with lots of potential (and, apparently, slippy fingers), what would appeal enough to bring him back? We may see him in a GM's office, but I'm not sure we'll see him stalking the sidelines again. Over and over this year, as he answered yet another TO question, you could see him thinking to himself: "I am way to old for this shit."

So I figure he's out of it, at least for a good long while. Never say never, though. After all, Joe Gibbs was too old for this shit, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home