No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hey there neglectorinos

Bad blogger! Sorry I've been neglecting the blog the past few days. Work got crazed and I just haven't had the will to blog. What's new and exciting anyway?

Well, on Sunday, all the people that everyone expected to win at the SAG Awards did so. Helen Mirren, Forrest Whitaker, Jennifer Hudson, Blah, Blah, Blah. Forgive me, but I have trouble getting excited over the SAG Awards. Here's my rule: if I can't picture the statue in my mind, I'm not watching the awards show. It's a short list: Golden Globes: golden globe in a stick (duh). Oscars: tall Gold dude. Emmys: Pointy angel type thingie. Grammys: old-fashioned gramophone. MTV Movie Awards: Popcorn. And that's about it really.

Part of my lack of enthusiasm comes from the honorees this year, too. I'm sure these are perfectly lovely performances in perfectly lovely movies - but I'm thinking this Academy Awards will be the lowest rated one ever. Has anyone even seen The Last King of Scotland? A few folks caught The Queen, I guess - and the really lucky ones saw the airline edit. Apparently, an overzealous editor bleeped all instances of the word God. As in Bleep Save the Queen. Sounds pretty damn funny actually. Puts one in mind of the episode of Studio 60 where they weren't allowed to say Jesus Christ on the air. All I know is, I once took a flight where they showed True Lies - so, Jamie Lee Curtis running around in her underwear, a-okay. Reference to God - highly dangerous. Don't you just love it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home