No Such Nonsense

A little of this, that and... what was I talking about again? It's TV, sports, pop culture and politics - all the stuff that really matters in life.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Feminist Men and Footballers with Daddy Issues

I came across an article today (on my lunch break, of course) and felt it was of the kind of deep social significance that warrants greater attention: It's a serious enquiry into why women are so in to Ryan Gosling. My age-inappropriate crush on Gosling isn't a secret, so I was curious to find out its deeper meaning. According to a (male) gender studies professor (with, according to his blog, three ex-wives) , it's because Gosling's a hot male feminist who plays the kind of sensitive but flawed men we all dig. I would have said it's because he's a hot, smart Canadian. Because really, what's better than that? Plus, he was on the most ridiculous Canadian TV show ever. And there's this. Seriously, what's not to love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home